Six Qualities to Look for in a Commercial HVAC Contractor
You probably take the HVAC system in your office space for granted – until it fails in the middle of the winter or summer. Without it, productivity comes to a grinding halt as your employees shiver or sweat their way through the day; temperature sensitive office equipment and electronics could also be put at risk.
Since most businesses don’t employ an in-house commercial HVAC expert, you will probably have to hire one. The question is, how do you go about doing that?
Here are five qualities you should look for in a commercial HVAC contractor.
- Commercial experience and expertise – Although commercial and residential HVAC systems operate by similar principles, they differ in critical ways. Look for an HVAC contractor with an extensive track record of working with commercial heating and cooling systems of all types and sizes.
- Good word of mouth – Most quality commercial HVAC contractors can produce testimonials from customers – check ReviewBuzz, Google, Judy’s Book, the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, Angie’s List, and other resources for reviews that will help put your mind at ease.
- Credentials – Look for commercial HVAC contractors who have advanced training in all types of HVAC systems. One particular credential to look for is NATE (North American Technician Excellence) – a certification that indicates that the contractor meets the highest quality standards for their work.
- Flexible, responsive service – Not all HVAC problems happen between 9 and 5; choose an HVAC contractor that is available to deal with issues as they happen so you can minimize office downtime. A quality HVAC service and repair company will offer 24/7 emergency service – along with preventative HVAC care to prevent problems from happening in the first place.
- Detailed written estimates – “Get it in writing” sounds cliché, but when it comes to estimates, it’s something you should insist on. Written estimates should include enough information to compare apples to apples among prospective HVAC contractor bids.
- Satisfaction guaranteed – When it comes to your HVAC system, you need more than a good firm handshake and “we’ll handle it” assurances. The best commercial air conditioning and heating contractors stand by their work with a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.
For expert Commercial HVAC service in our Orange, Ulster, Sullivan, Dutchess and Putnam county service area, trust the pros at Porco. Contact us today to learn more about our comprehensive commercial services!